1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on a device when the User visits a website. Cookies may contain information relating to browsing habits or enable the User to be recognised or remembered on a subsequent visit to the website.
Cookies commonly have an expiry date. Some cookies are, for example, automatically deleted as soon as the browser is closed (these are known as "session cookies"), while others can remain on the device for a longer timeframe, sometimes even until they are manually deleted ("persistent cookies"). In any event, the cookies are only retained for the time required to achieve the intended purpose.
2. What types of cookies are used on www.beelingwa.com?
BEELINGWA draws the attention of Users to the fact that the following cookies are used while browsing the website:
- Technical cookies: These are cookies that are strictly necessary for the smooth operation of the Website. They cannot be deactivated and their use does not require prior consent.
- Functional cookies: Cookies that make the Website easier to use by remembering choices made (language or region preferences, for example). They cannot be deactivated and their use does not require prior consent.
- Analytics cookies: Cookies that collect information relating to the use of the Website (such as the pages visited/features selected most often by the User). Their use does not require prior consent.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: Cookies that are used to display advertisements that correspond to the User's areas of interest, based on browsing analysis. Their use does require prior consent.
3. Cookie settings
Cookie settings may differ from browser to browser. The management of these settings is described in the browser's help menu.
The User may refuse to accept or delete cookies by following the browser-specific procedures set forth below:
- Internet Explorer: Delete and manage cookies (microsoft.com)
- Microsoft Edge: Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox: Enhanced Tracking Protection in Firefox for Desktop | Firefox Support (mozilla.org)
- Google Chrome: Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome - Computer - Google Chrome Help
- Safari: Manage cookies and website data in Safari on Mac - Apple Support
- Opera: Web preferences - Opera Help
If the User decides to deactivate cookies, he/she may continue to browse the Website; however, BEELINGWA cannot be held responsible for any malfunction of the Website that is the result of this manoeuvre.
If the User wishes to delete cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will also be deleted. The deletion of cookies may be detrimental to the optimum navigation and functionality of the Website.