Beelingwa attaches particular importance to the quality of its services.
To ensure excellence in all our services, we have implemented rigorous processes that are accompanied by checkpoints at each stage of a project:
- Recruitment, selection and ongoing evaluation of linguists.
- Quality assurance processes.
- Technology used.
Team of linguists
In 2016, Beelingwa undertook an exhaustive review of its linguistic partner recruitment process, with the objective of finding the very best translators on the market.
This is how we came up with our "Smart Recruit" recruitment process.
This process is divided into seven phases, which are designed to select the translators that best match our clients' needs.
The quality and skills we value include:
- Ability to understand complex instructions
- Knowledge and application of good practice in regard to translation
- Level of native-tongue proficiency
- Level of proficiency in working language/s
At the conclusion of the seven-stage "Smart Recruit" process, only 0.87% of applications are selected:
Adherence to instructions
We keep track of applicants' adherence to instructions throughout the recruitment process, to ensure that they meet our requirements as regards care and precision.
Profile of applicants
Beelingwa works exclusively with professional translators with a translation degree. We only select candidates who are native speakers of the target language, have over ten years of experience, and are specialised in at least one key subject area.
We require a minimum of three reference letters per applicant, and we check the references carefully.
First aptitude test
Test to assess the translator's knowledge of their source language/s.
Second aptitude test
Test to assess the quality of their translations, ability to meet deadlines and strict adherence to instructions.
Contract signing and recruitment
A contract is signed in which the translator commits to adhere to good practice, and which includes a confidentiality clause.
Ongoing evaluation of linguists
All translations are reviewed by a second experienced linguist. This continuous evaluation ensures that our translators' work is consistent and that the requisite quality of each of our services is maintained.
Review by a second translator
All translations are systematically reviewed by an experienced third-party linguist to compare the source and target texts and to pinpoint and rectify any errors.
During this process the following may be detected:
- Spelling, grammar or syntax mistakes
- Unsuitable wording
- Misunderstandings, nonsensical formulations or logical errors
- Missing or superfluous information
- Incorrect adaptations
Execution of a final in-house check prior to delivery to the client, including verification that the instructions provided to linguists (translator and reviewer) have been adhered to.
This kind of Translation Management System enables you to :
- Spend more time on the translation side of things, reducing the time spent on repetitive tasks (such as, for example, those related to project management).
- Streamline exchanges between translators and clients.
- Work with the same linguists on all your projects, thereby maintaining a consistent tone and terminology in your communications.
CAT (Computer-Assisted Translation) tools should not be confused with machine translation tools. Computer-assisted translation is still carried out by a human translator. But translators can achieve a higher quality of service by using software that enables them to:
- Enhance terminology consistency between documents delivered to the same client.
- Reproduce the layout of the original document.
- Avoid making typos and grammatical errors.
A single point of contact
Each of our clients is assigned a project manager, who will be their sole point of contact throughout their partnership with Beelingwa.
This helps us to establish a sound relationship founded on trust, and to ensure that your constraints, aims and needs are always fully understood.
Interest in, and understanding of, client needs
So as to provide a service that meets your needs completely, we always start with an in-depth analysis of your project, where we look at the:
- Context of the translation
- Target audience
- Objective of the document primed for translation
- Publication medium
- Expected tone and style
All information exchanged during our discussions are treated in the strictest confidence, during the project and once it has been completed.
The use of a TMS enables us to guarantee the security of all the data we collect, and to offer each client a secure space where they can safely share documents (source texts, translations, invoices, etc.).
All of our service providers are bound by a confidentiality clause, which is systematically incorporated into each of our contracts. We can also sign confidentiality agreements at the client's request.