LINGUISTIC QUALITY ASSURANCE
Translation is a double-edged sword: a professional translation will help you to grow your business abroad, while a poor translation can significantly tarnish your brand image.Run the rule over your texts with our objective and independent audit.
Rest assured, we guarantee the quality of your translations
HUNDREDS OF LANGUAGES COVERED
Our large network of partner linguists enables us carry out a quality assurance review of your translations in hundreds of language combinations.
GIVE YOURSELF SOME PEACE OF MIND
As well as a loss of credibility, a poor translation can cause considerable financial damage. Our linguistic quality control service will help you to avoid this.
GAIN THE TRUST OF YOUR LEADS AND CUSTOMERS
High-quality translations help to sustain a good brand image abroad and gain the trust of your leads and customers.
Linguistic quality assurance
I used Beelingwa for a quality check of my book on personal development, and I’m very happy with the service I received: the translator did a sterling job, and the team members are very professional. I would recommend Beelingwa to anyone looking for translation or quality control services at an affordable price!
Coach and author
Beelingwa is a reliable and high-quality partner that we use for all of our translation projects. Our delivery deadlines are always observed, and the quality of translations is superior to that of other agencies. With their friendly service and competitive prices, we highly recommend Beelingwa!
Project Manager Digital Inclusion
EXPERIENCED, NATIVE-TONGUE LINGUISTS
CLIENT SATISFACTION RATE
SUCCESSFUL PROJECTS COMPLETED
How can you evaluate the quality of a translation without knowing the language?
In this checklist, you'll find a list of points to check when you receive a translation from your language service provider.
BEELINGWA'S LINGUISTIC QUALITY ASSURANCE PROCESS
Linguistic quality assurance is not just straightforward proofreading. It is an independent audit, the aim of which is to objectively evaluate the quality of the translations produced by your other language service providers.
In our linguistic quality assurance process, the source and target texts are analysed to check the quality of the submitted translation.
Beelingwa compares the source and target versions sentence by sentence, pinpoints mistakes and corrects them. At the end of the assignment, you receive a full report.
Below is a list of the most common problems detected during our linguistic quality assurance checks:
- Lack of meaning
- Omissions or additions
- Incorrect terminology
- Consistency issues
- Stylistic problems
- Grammar, spelling and punctuation problems
- Erroneous links to other pages (in the case of websites).
Carrying out a linguistic quality assurance check enables you to:
- Ensure that you publish high-quality translations
- Identify areas for improvement in your multilingual communications
- Receive recommendations intended for you and your translators
- Benefit from an outside eye
Our linguistic quality assurance check includes the following steps:
- In-depth analysis of the source text and the translation
- Identification of mistakes and anomalies
- Check against your guidelines and glossary
- Comments explaining the problems detected
- Full and detailed report on the quality of the translations
- Recommendations for your translators
Generally speaking, it is always advisable to have a linguistic quality assurance check carried out, but it is essential in the following cases:
- When the translated text is of a sensitive nature
- When a poor translation could have adverse effects on your business
- When your business harbours doubts about the quality of translations produced by your language service provider
- When your business doesn't have the in-house resources to check the quality of translations produced by your language service provider
Below is a list of supported formats:
For more complicated requests, please get in touch with us.
The revision of translations produced by machine translation software (Google Translate or DeepL, for example) is a different service known as "post-editing".
This can be used for documents of little importance, which are not going to ever be published.
However, for important texts or those earmarked for publication, linguistic quality assurance is vital.
Below is the typical profile of the linguists at Beelingwa who will be tasked with the linguistic quality assurance check of your documents:
- Native-tongue linguist
- At least 10 years of experience in the translation and linguistic quality assurance fields
- Specialised in your subject matter
- Impressed in our aptitude test
Of course! Beelingwa is regularly asked to work on confidential documents. During the recruitment process, all of our linguist partners sign a confidentiality agreement with regard to Beelingwa and its clients.
If you wish, we would also be happy to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Please ask your question using the form below. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
The price of a linguistic quality assurance check varies according to a number of criteria:
- Number of words
- Translation quality
- Subject matter
- File format
To get a free, no-obligation quotation, please fill in the form below.
Our prices are always quoted as being exclusive of VAT.
All our invoices are due for payment within 30 days of the date of invoice.